Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Artwork Inspired by Dark City 2











This sketches are done after I read the Death Dealer and Hawker Man stories from Dark City 2.



Of course these are only my own visualization of the two characters from the stories, and done without the permission of the authors. Sorry, Ahmad Azrai and Tunku Halim, hope you guys don't mind!

There are a few interesting moments or characters in the both that lighted up the creative bulb inside my head. I am planning to sketch them all down when I have the time.

I started off with the Angel of Death and Hawker Man because both of them were so vividly described by the authors that the images stuck in my head. It's much healthier for me to draw it out rather than let it fester inside... Who know what will happens if I let these dark thoughts linger inside for too long.. hehehehehehe..

5 comments:

Argus Lou said...

Excellent! Now, will you have any images in mind for my story, 'Till Death'? Would love to see what you see...

John Ling said...

That's amazing. Do show us more.

Kokyee said...

John,
Thanks for the support, bro.


Argus,
You story is dark and disturbing, so naturally (for me) there are some images in my mind. Will post more up once i have done it... :)

Argus Lou said...

Thanks, Kok Yee. Can't wait to see your finished illustration.

My other half was a bit freaked out by the story when he finally read it yesterday (when we received the book by snail mail, thanks to Xeus). He said he's now frightened to get in the bathtub again... lest I brain him & drown him.
(*cue: evil laughter*)

Tunku Halim said...

Kok Yee - I don't mind at all . . . actually quite flattered! Now wouldn't it be wonderful if we can get the story and your illustration published in some magazine or even the newspaper?

Am going to blogroll you by the way.